• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high CPU temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dozza

hey hows it goin, im new to this sought of thing
anyway i got mbm 5 and it says that my cpu temp is 36°c (idle) and 50°c + with load, now my system specs r below in my sig, i have 2 80mm fans blowing in and 2 80mm fans blowing out.
the case temp is 28°c and room temp is about 23°.
now this is without overclockin, i got the new 3dcooler pro because i wanted to start overclocking but with temps like this im not game to start, how can i fix this??????

Last edited:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:
Looks like you need one of the www.thermalright.com HS's. The top of the line that fits your mobo is the SP-97..This HS has the heat pipes on it like my SP-94 HS, See sig of rig..Coupled with a 92mm U1BO Panaflo fan @ 68.80 cfm, 3450 rpm / 43 dBA and some AS 5 or AS Ceramique, you''ll have a excellent cooling solution.:) Have you removed the fan grids from your case yet. These are the restrictive grids that are infront of or behind your fans. Removing these increases air flow and reduces noise.Your case temp is a tad high IMHO. You may want to add a top blow hole and a 92mm fan to it..What kind of temps do you get with the side panel off? Abit boards report higher temps than actual temps sometimes too.:(

i just bought a new 3d cooler pro for it though, ive read reviews for them in pc mags and they all gave it a 10/10, the restrictor things have been removed and i seem to get higher temps when the side is off because i have one of my 80mm fans on there blowing straight into the heatsink, i dont have enough money to buy many more things for awhile

What type of TIM (thermal interface material) did you use? You can lap the HS to get better temps out of it too.:) Do you have a link to your HS, that you can post?

im using artic silver heat cream and its a barton core, if thats what u meant, ive overclocked it now and fixed a few probs now at 2359mhz and idle temp is 36c and load is 43c it seems alright thanks guys

Back