• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 2 MX 400 Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I purchased a cheap Visiontek 2MX 400 which came with 64meg of 6ns memory @ 166MHz :( and and the GPU was clocked at 200Mhz!! I was a little disappointed to find a chincy heat sink w/o fan and huge gaps between the chip and heatsink.

Havent had a chance to get a new one on but I've had the memory up to 181 and the GPU at 221 MHz without any problems.

210/235 with my old coolmaster 60mm fan glued to the heatsink (doesn't everybody have a coolmaster fan laying around?) I get rockin scores in Quake-3 and 3-D Mark

mines a generic oem, also with 6ns memory, but i can get it to 220/220, but will get some artifacts. at 220/200, i get no artifacts or problems in games, but some artifacts in 3dmark2000. at 220/195, everything's hunky-dory. :)

Hello,

I have a geforce 2MX400 64 mb card that is overclocked 10 % The out of the box settings are 200 / 334 and I have it running flawlessly at 220 / 370 I hope that gives you a guide. I have had the mem clock to 390 but it is unstable with just air-cooling. I may push it further when I install a water block on the chip.

Billy

bill, what are you oc'ing with? i think those memory scores are doubled. i have the same thing with both nvmax and riva tuner. the oc'ing proggie thinks the card is an original mx, which had ddr memory, whereas the mx400 was sdr mem, so it doubles the memory clock speed. just divide the figure you see by 2 to get the actual memory speed.

open to corrections anyone, but this is i understand it.

Thanks for the input, I have it running 220/200. So far, so good, no artifacts and so forth. I think replacing the stock HSF w/ a lapped Blue Orb is helping.
I also got a hint from a friend using Wpcredit, in box 55, change the 89 to 09. He said he saw this in another forum and it helped w/ the GeForce 2.

Da Whip said:
Thanks for the input, I have it running 220/200. So far, so good, no artifacts and so forth. I think replacing the stock HSF w/ a lapped Blue Orb is helping.
I also got a hint from a friend using Wpcredit, in box 55, change the 89 to 09. He said he saw this in another forum and it helped w/ the GeForce 2.

Now we've seen it on this forum ;)

I love the free exchange of information!

I just overclocked my 3d prophet 2mx 32mb dual-display last night. I ended up oc'in it to core 220 and memory 208. I had the memory at 210 but I was gettin some artifacts. I'll have to install the power strip an see if I can get the core any higher.

The core won't really net you any performance diff. It will get you some glitches during games. I've had mine as high as 240 and it ran fine but I did notice random jumps during games.

Man...I'm thinking I've bought my last Visiontek card...How is everyone oc'in their memory so high? Do most cards come w/ 5.5 or 5ns SDRAM? I know the 3Dprophet does.

I'm using AS2 and aluminum heat sink's on my memory chips and i can't top 180MHz w/ 6ns SDRAM. My GPU will crank up to 220 so far but man!

I do beleive that "most" cards come with 5.5ns or better mem. At least according to the reviews I've seen. With 6ns mem you will have to do some cooling to get any higher and I still wouldn't bet you'd get much more. I have a 120mm blow hole on the side of my case blowing on my cards. Really increases stability.

Da Whip said:

What does this do?

Someone asked what program I was using to OC my video card . It it Ge Force Tweaker. As for dividing the numbers by two, the manuel for the card comfirms the out of the box numbers. They are the right numbers . 3D mark scores are in the 5700 range ( they are posted under Billvill )

Hope this helps Billy

Billvill said:
Someone asked what program I was using to OC my video card . It it Ge Force Tweaker. As for dividing the numbers by two, the manuel for the card comfirms the out of the box numbers. They are the right numbers . 3D mark scores are in the 5700 range ( they are posted under Billvill )

Hope this helps Billy

Is you card DDR mem. If so I beleive that the mem bandwidth is only 64 bit. This is according to a few reviews I have read.

afaik you do not get a ddr mx400. the manufacturer of my card's website says it has a 128-bit bus running at 166mhz stock, which is what the mx400 should do, but then nvmax, riva tuner and coolbits all say the mem. is at 333mhz stock. this is why i believe they think it's an original mx (64-bit ddr) with ddr memory.

I've got a Gainward/CardExpert Geforce2MX 400 Twinview. Its got 4.8ns memory. I haven't tried overclocking it much though. :rolleyes:

Back