• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec true550 PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The antec range of PSU's are known for being very good quality PSU's I would imagine the Truepower 550W is no exception, they have good solid rails and will be excellent for overclocking, you may also want to look at the Fortron Range of PSU's they are also excellent.

-Chris

i like my fortron psu a lot, rock stable volts at 14v 5.7v 3.8v, no fluctuations at all... and the fortron psus all come with pots to tune the rails inside and are cheaper than antec

im not happy with my antec 480, but i hear good things about the 550...but i promised not to buy antec any more...fortron/sparkle alll the way

FatChance said:
im not happy with my antec 480, but i hear good things about the 550...but i promised not to buy antec any more...fortron/sparkle alll the way

Wow, I was about to recomend Antec, I would have to say this is the first time I have really heard anything bad about an Antec. FatChance, why are you not happy with your Antec 480?

saaya said:
i like my fortron psu a lot, rock stable volts at 14v 5.7v 3.8v, no fluctuations at all... and the fortron psus all come with pots to tune the rails inside and are cheaper than antec

As Mr.Radar said, those are some extremely high voltages. You are lucky if your components are even surviving that.

Speaking of PSU's I read a magazine ad for the "PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool 510 watt" and from this little chart they showed with wattage by the temperature, it seems to look like a relatively good PSU, but then again that was just an ad. Ad's arent always true (cough cough Michaels computers), and that does not say anything about the reliability or price.

-0cer

FatChance said:

Why don't you like your Antec?

My Antec True 550W is awesome. I checked the voltages with a mulitimeter and they were rock solid at full load. I've heard Fortron and Sparkle also make a good PSU but supposedly PC Power and Cooling Turbo makes the best PSUs around.

Back