• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

home made sound proofs..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbones1337

What can i use to soudproof my case?

I have custom made (by me) 1/16inch acryllic sheets. would that green sheet of like foamish stuff for keeping carpets from moving work? also if i used like either foam or thin ruber between the drives and the bay would that queit it?

Im gonna duct my blow hole and then The thermaltake MR2-M4 im gonna try to make a duct to the 60mm hole in back.. any suggestions?

especially on the panels.

Carpet works, but I can't remember what kind is best (and I dont' mean like Dynamax.. i mean just carpet.)

Foam froma hardware store. Tar.

get a short bristle carpet from Home Depot... find one with a rubber backside and you will dramatically reduce the noise. Plus its rather cheap too.

dense shag carpeting layerd on top of a rubber backed cord carpet ( yes 2 kinds ) works so well that you will find it in some recording studios as a cheep and very effective solution

but it might make your case really heavy not to mention a fire hazard

Ive got some of that piramid spongy foam used for lining the box of certain parcels. Would that be good sound insulation?

Anything somewhat soft and dense will work. Just google for sound proofing home studios. I would still buy dynamat or something of the sort if I were to soundproof my case (because it looks good).

Mord said:
Ive got some of that piramid spongy foam used for lining the box of certain parcels. Would that be good sound insulation?

yeah it should work ok if it's not really not dense(yeah bad choice of words. brain fart:( )

I tried a general hallway mat carpet I got down at home hardware... it didnt do jack shiat. Seems like half the problem is vibrations being translated to the case by anything that is bolded on and moves (fans, HDDs,....). I just made a fan control panel... but I am sure you could get some bushings or something to isolate the vibrating elements from the case.

Back