• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

google toolbar folding without me knowing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gaza

google toolbar was folding with out me knowing.. i don't remeber it asking me about this when i installed it i might have just missed it but this make me mad for i was taking away may cpu time.. well now got them back.. just keep an eye out ok..

im pretty sure you have to install the folding part separately. if not, then you had to agree to it sometime during the installation

AFAIK, it doesn't install by default, but if you decide to install it, it was start running automatically and you have to shut it off.

It was only taking away your idle cpu time... not the time you were actually using.

This is why you should read all those agreements that FEW PEOPLE ever reads.

This has been a known "feature"... dunno on the install it seperate thing though.

It's called Google Compute. Run a search for Google Toolbar hack. A simple Reg modification and .cfg modification and The google toolbar folds for you and Team 32!!!

well i reinstalled it just to see if i did some if it was me or the toolbar.. it was me... i must have turned it on as far as i can tell..

Back