• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the better setting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipasnipa

So I have a stick of KVR333 (512mb) :( . I can't munipulate the timing settings for it directly, since my BIOS doesn't have that option, but I can OC it up to 400mhz. So I'm trying to decide if I should run it at 333mhz with faster timings, or 400mhz with more bandwith. Here are the stats.

@ 333mhz (6:5 ratio)
2.5 . 2 . 2 . 6
2672MB/s

@ 400mhz (1:1 ratio)
2.5 . 4 . 4 . 6
3216MB/s

So what do you guys think from a real-world situation? I'm a gamer, so I want performance for demanding games like Farcry. Which setting is best?

I'd run the 400MHz setting. Even with the loosened timings, you're getting an additional 600MB/s in bandwidth which will translate to real world performance improvements. Run some game benchmarks to be sure such as UT2K3.

~THT

Considerably higher bandwidth usually trumps tighter timings... Like THT, I would expect that the higher frequency would be better.

Back