• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Y some nf2 mobo peaks at 210+ fsb, while DFI @ 250fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neop

Y some nf2 mobo peaks at 210+ fsb, while DFI @ 250fsb, arent them using the same chipset? y the big diff?

Its the way each of them are designed. Pplz still dont understand how or why that is.

For example take the NF7.

Some clock like a DFI, most dont. If someone has an explination for this, plz say so.

The only thing I have heard that may have merit was glockowner. He said that the MOFSETs play a major role in OCing.

The types that newer NF7 and Asus use are poor enough to sevearly limit the top end. While DFI uses another brand.

It's got to be something in the hardware, that's all I can come up with because the reality is such a mystery to most people. I’ve seen, and forgive me I can’t seem to find the link again, head to head compressions of the exact same NF2 motherboards (e.g. multiple boards of the same type and from the same maker) where the numbers varied wildly. This, for a long of a better term, phenomenon is something that seems to be very wide spread on all NF2 boards except for the DFI boards, which is one of there strongest features in my book.

I think it has something to do with the vtt (?) voltage also ..this is not the vdd im talking about.. This vtt is supposed to raise itself with the vdimm.. But even with a volt mod to the vdimm on nf7's it doesnt raise that.. the DFI's stock highest vdimm is higher which means it would have a higher vtt..

I think its the mosfets, thats why the Leadtek Nforce 2 Deluxe Limited could get 240 when in actuality it was the same Nforce 2 board with a few bios tweaks and mosfet heatsinks.

Back