• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU bottom fan or no?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

I have an Antec SL350 with a 90mm bottom fan and an 80mm exhaust.

I'm wondering if the cpu fan might be pulling hot air in from it or the psu is really sucking out the hot air left over from the cpu cooler?

The Psu fans spin under 1500rpm's and the air coming out the exhaust is very warm compared to other Psu's i've had with a single exhaust that spins faster.

Whatya guys think? keep it or change it?

Know Nuttin said:
it should be pulling out if the fan is installed properly, the ones i've installed all pulled the air out of the case.

No i know it's pulling air out but my point was the fan is spinning so slow compared to the cpu cooler that the cpu cooler might overpower the fan and suck the hot air into it.

Rxc, Tx for that link.

I connected the exhaust fan to one of the molex connecters and it now spins fast but the bottom fan's lead was to short to run out of the Psu without soldering it to a longer one.

I'll do it later when i have the energy cause i have cold right now
but the Psu is already running cooler.

So TX again.

Back