• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox Price Drop ---- $159

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its $139 here with 2 free games, a free extra controller and a fre game rental....at this place called "Game rush". Its part of blockbuster in MI.

I've been thinking about building a p.c. for the den so the kids can watch movies on the big screen,and so I can play mame on it also.But with the recent price drop this might be the way for me to go.Does anyone know where I could find some info on how to make the xbox act like a multimedia pc,I.E. how to run mame and play movies,and of course how to install a larger hard drive?Any web sites or just info. in general is appreciated.

PS2 will be join this price... The next price drop will be PS2 to $99 cuz ps3 will be next March in jap.

One of my friends has his xbox modded or something so that he can play nintendo games, saturn games, playstation games and all this other crap on it. That's pretty cool, but the damn thing still takes up too much space so I don't feel like getting it.

Also I think you can get a green xbox with halo for $160 as well.

BioS said:
PS2 will be join this price... The next price drop will be PS2 to $99 cuz ps3 will be next March in jap.

Really? Hmm. Any idea when this price drop will happen?

Dissolved said:

*Talking about modding is Not allowed on this forum.*

The SE halo Xbox is ALOT better deal. www.ebgames.com im going to get 2, and gonna order a Crystal Xbox myself.

Deleted the post. Sorry didnt know what I said broke the rules. Won't happen again.

Binow said:

Deleted the post. Sorry didnt know what I said broke the rules. Won't happen again.

Don't worry, i cannot do anything, but i just didnt wanna see you get in trouble :)

i dont think xboxs are "computer related" so the forums tend to be a lil tough on that topic.

thanks.

an xbox is a computer for the most part. Almost the same thing (someone even got a working command OS on an xbox too).
Hard drive, memory, good graphics card
Dissolved said:

Don't worry, i cannot do anything, but i just didnt wanna see you get in trouble :)

i dont think xboxs are "computer related" so the forums tend to be a lil tough on that topic.

thanks.

BioS said:

its not supposed to make it until 2006, or 2005 X-mas if xbox 2 comes out like it supposed to come out first.
So dont be planning on a 99$ drop until at least january 2006.

Back