• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glassy Metal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I was playing video games, when my mother, a big conspiracy theorist, came in yelling, "I knew it! I knew it!". She threw a discovery magazine on the floor and said, "Read the article on page 47". Apparently she means the huge coincidense that the metal developed is just like the metal the "weather balloon" in Roswell was made of. Anyway I didnt feel like typing so I googled it and brought up this article someone else wrote on it.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread35693/pg1

I was thinking of contacting the company who makes the metal and getting them to custom make a pc case for me.

Anyway, imagine what we can do with this stuff! 50 years from now we will look back on today as we look upon the bronze age. I dont think I need say any more.

On another note, in case it doesnt say anywhere, a one inch diameter bar of this material can hold 300,000 pounds, while the strongest alloy in use today lifts 175,000 pounds.

We did that ball bouncing thing in one of my materials classes. One bounced almost as long, and it was a steel formed from some micro-powder (don't know the process right now).

These guys have an interesting product as well. My brother made their webpage, and I've seen their ballistic armor in action. The stopping power it has over traditional flak jackets is incredible. I believe their latest test put it around 4-6 times stronger than level 3 kevlar. Also, it has incredible heat dissipation properties, making them incredible high-performance automotive brake material, putting their performance WAY above zinc-carbon disc brakes.

I dunno guys.......

It is me or does this seem suspiciously similar to what we *didn't* find at Roswell almost 50 years ago.:rolleyes:
Very interesting stuff.....it just seems VERY very...suspicious

-Sen

Back