• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

panny u1a question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

piraterocker7

i was thinking of buying a panaflo u1a 68.8 cfm fan and was wondering if it can run on a 3pin cord safely of not?

-me

here's specs:

# Voltage: 12VDC
# Current: 430mA
# Speed: 3450 RPM
# Air Flow: 68.8 CFM
# Noise: 43 dBA

i want it on 3pin to control speed(are these even loud though?) they must be quieter than tornadoes...right?

430ma doesnt seems so bad, but if you CAN use the 4 pin psu cable then you MUST and WILL, it is always better to take power stress out of the motherboard.

I'd opt for the 3 to 4 pin adapter. Some people don't have a problem running off of the motherboard headers, but I wouldn't with a fan that draws that much current.

If you look at the specks for the motherboard, they will list the current that the pin headers on the mobo can take. Usually somewhere in tha manual.

The other posts are right though, you want as little current running through that mobo as you can, as it will jsut add more heat and stress other components.

I run the U1A on my SP-94 HS. Its wired to the PSU via a rheostat # 271-265 from Radio Shack..This is a 25 Ohm / 3 watt rheo..See guide on install in link below..:) ** 0.43 amps / 5.16 watts....U1A

INSTALL GUIDE LINK

Back