• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Prime95 error...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4432

i have been o/c slowly lately and all is running good @ 220fsb - [email protected] / OCZ pc-3200 2-3-3 on a foxconn i865pe board. i pushed it up to 230 and i get an error under prime 95. i slowed the ram down to 333 but still get it. where is the weak link?

Prime95 errors are usually caused by CPU or memory problems. Try lowering you OC, raising your voltages, and increasing your CPU cooling. IF you pushed the FSB and got the error, and still got the error when you lowered the mem speed, the problem is probably your CPU. Once again, try more volts and better cooling (if you need to). If those don't work, lower the overclock.

edit: check the intel forum for reasonaable and "safe" voltages, as increasing voltage can be dangerous to your CPU. In all cases, increasing voltage will shorten the life of your CPU (however, a modest increase will not likely do so significently), as it increases the rate of electromigration.

my board will not let me change the voltages, just the fsb speed, so it seems i can't go that high. the temp was good ~ 45C while running the torture test when it got the error. atleast i can safely/easily run 3.0 with it :)

thanks for the reply ;)

Back