• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.333ghz unstable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joemama911

im having alot of freezing problems runing at 1.333ghz which is the default speed and is not overclocked. the only way i can make it run stable is if i lower the clock speed to like 1.1ghz. i was wondering if there is anyway to make it run stable at 1.333. do i have to higher the vcore? or what? well any sugestions would help.
THis is my setup everything is defualt and not OC
1.333ghz amd w/ swiftech heatsink
asus A7A266
512mbs ddr
12x DVD
TDK cdburner 12X
Hercules Game theater XP
pny geforce 3
400w power supply
cpu fan, 2 extake fans, 2 intake fans, chip fan, graphic card fan w/ heat sinks

What power supply are you running and are you running the additional fans of the same power supply ?

Its the not the power supply cause i just replaced it wit one of the power supply recommended by AMD. the brand is SPI and yes all the fans are running off the same powersupply. i heard some people say that if u up the vcore vualtage then it might be more stable. anythoughts? im open to anything.

Sure, up the core by 0.05V to 0.1V. It can't hurt your CPU since you have a good cooling setup. My 1.4 GHz Athy is at 1.87V running nicely at 1.6 GHz.

I feel for you pal. I am in the same position. I have a 1.1Ghz AJFA which has a lot of hidden potential. I have probably classed as the best air cooling that I can buy and I cannot overclock my chip squat.

The other day I got into windows at 1200Mhz on 1.80volts and STILL it crashed. I was only running at 38ºC. I really need a decent PSU, Im going for a Enermax 365W PSU when I can afford it. I hope the overclock I get will postpone my need to upgrade for a couple of months.

if i run at 1.333 and up the VCORE to 1.825 to try to make it stable will it damage the cpu any bit? and if it doesnt damage the cpu and it still runs unstable should i try to make the VCORE 1.850? arg help me anyone

No you will not damage the CPU. During my burn in on both my 1.333 and 1.4 I run at 2.07 volts at default speed for 2 days. Running at 1.825-1.850 will not hurt a thing. Be sure your HSF is mounted properly. Check your temps in the BIOS before boot up.

Back