• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sabre

Hiya,
Bolted to the side of my case I have a Thermo Fan that I picked up at a auto wreckers. These fans are about a foot round and blow 800 - 2100 cfm depending on the model, I got the 800 cfm beacuse it was only A$50 (australian). These things blow hard!! as in small huricane! Has anyone else tryed this?

I cant say that I have tried it is it noisey, do you have a picture you can show us ?

Are you talking about essentially a large computer fan (axial type), or something like a centrifugal blower? Hoot I think did an article fairly recently (month or so ago) on using a centrifugal blower to cool his comp ('cohesive cooling' I think he called it). I can't find the article right now, but if someone knows a link maybe they could post it.

This thing is like a huge, round computer fan that they use to cool radiators in some cars (I think)

It's basically a REALLY BIG computer fan. Regular old radial style. These beasties really suck the juice though, so you ought to be careful how it's wired into your PSU. Also, watch those fingers! Wouldn't want to loose one. It'd make it really hard to post your pics of the finished product!:)

I saw an article once where a guy used a car radiator fan and installed the computer in a 5 gal bucket with the fan on one end. Looked pretty sharp. Bucket O computer. LOL

Back