• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! abit KT7E problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alienjrrc

Hey, i need some help!

I just bought an Abit KT7E, 1ghz athlon, 3dkyro 4000xt.

The first problem i had was when tried to use more than 2 drives
I had my 30 gig wd on the primary (running win2k), and on the secondary i had another 30 gig and a cdrom. It would not recognize the primary 30 gig. So i switched the cables, 30gig & cdrom on primary, other 30 gig on secondary. It would not recognize the 30gig. I took the extra 30 gig off, and plugged the one with win2k onto the primary ribbon, and it works fine.
I have no idea why it will not accept the other devices.

My second problem is when i try to run 3dmark2k or 3dmark2k1 the program quits without finishing, and a couple of times it reboots the computer. I was thinking it might be a heat issue, but i have the thermaltake volcano 5 on the cpu and there is one fan inside the case (Enlight 7237). The cpu runs at about 45-48c while running, and after quitting it is running at 48-49c.

Any suggestions???

first welcome to the forums!
did you try both hd's on the primary as master and slave?did you check the jumpers?are they both formated?did you try the cable srlect jumper on either?
running both hd and cd rom on the sme ide is not recomended hte cd rom will degrade the performance of both drives if it is lower dma.
when you say it wasn't detected,do you mean in the bios or did you check the device manager? my ky7a had issues detecting in bios but showed up in device manager.
in bios is detect other device enabled? is third boot device set to cd rom?
with 3d mark i had same issues.reran setup and checked overwrite all files and it worked then.somehow the first install skipped a few files.

Back