• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Andy's selling his G5 case!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mizuno

Registered
I'm sure you remember the article that caused an uproar a while back, where a guy named Andy modded a G5 case for a PC (while claiming to have given the guts of the system to his friend) Well, I was browsing E-Bay and lo and behold, I found Mac G5 case being sold by a guy named OEMANDY. He says that he had an Athlon in it before he tried to sell it, just like our Andy did. I think it's the same guy, I emailed him asking if he's the same guy, and am waiting for a response. Just thought that it was rather interesting.

Well, I use one every day (something I would rather avoid). Perhaps it is because I have been using PC's my whole life...but everytime that I go to right click, every time I try to use control for shortcuts, everytime the thing crashes, I am reminded of how much a mac is complicating my life. And don't even get me started on trying to play a game on it....that is if you can even find a decent game on it that hasn't been on PC for months or years already.

Heck, I'm half tempted to buy it and take the oxy/acetylene torch to it just to get the macsters spun up.

Again.

It seems so easy to do though.

UberBlue said:
Heck, I'm half tempted to buy it and take the oxy/acetylene torch to it just to get the macsters spun up.

Again.

It seems so easy to do though.

Its very easy to do, like so, MACS SUCK. :eh?:

(iPods are quite lovely though... can't get away from MAC, to much industry standard.)

actually if you look at the new lian-li case designs they are definitely mac inspired

I was just surprised how mad people got after they read his article. I don't see how something like that could possibly affect them in any way.

Radical said:
I was just surprised how mad people got after they read his article. I don't see how something like that could possibly affect them in any way.

AMEN! Its like when you said god doesn't exist. Religious communities jump all over you. People will get angry for the stupidest reasons. ;)

I bet it's not the same guy; I think this dude is just pretending to be him so some poor fool will pay a ****load of money for the case, thinking it's a collectors item. but maybe not. I would use a mac if I could build it myself. Their latest operating system is UNIX based, right? I would just use it in console mode.

Man. i only got to see the g5 tower a few days ago and was taken back by just how friggen ginormous it is! my lanboy could easily fit inside of that things motherboard tray o_O.
I wouldnt mind haveing a g5 dual for art work and the like. my pc is nice, but its only because im used to it and its cheap. If i wanted a REAL computer to actully do stuff with, the g5 is a fantastic option.

its a shame that the mac os DOES suck though... say what you will about the operating system, but the hardware is drool inspiring.
That case alone is a work of art. running your hands over it and giving it a little tap... its ten times more solid than the next closest pc case. its not as light but still lighter than a steel case and man... it doesnt vibrate... like... at all. I wish more pc cases were made with such quality. the lian li's are nice that way, but look like snot.

Apple has always had some really nice, inovated case designs. but thats what they do.

*thinks its about time to start welding a case toegher*

These cases are actually very nice. A bit of a pain to get into if you need to change stuff, but nice nonetheless. Big inside, and easy to work with (once you get the side off).

How did this thread (and every other Mac-inspired thread) turn into a blatant Anti-Mac thread? Why have such a hatred for a piece of hardware?

Oni said:
These cases are actually very nice. A bit of a pain to get into if you need to change stuff, but nice nonetheless. Big inside, and easy to work with (once you get the side off).

How did this thread (and every other Mac-inspired thread) turn into a blatant Anti-Mac thread? Why have such a hatred for a piece of hardware?

wave's an Anti-Mac Flag!! hehe.. Just kidding man i dont have any hatred toward MAC's what so ever. I just love them so much i say this so none of you will buy them so i can have them all to my self! ;) Hey did you guy's know Big MAC's are on sale right now buy one get one free! Go to MAC Donalds :D

Just last week, me, a linux/windows/mac guy, and a mac guy went to McDonalds, bought some stuff and went to the mac store on the other side of the block from McD.

Hows that for odd?

Back