• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

955df problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I just bought a 955df from newegg and it dosnt seem right. I cant run any refresh rate over 60hz. And even stranger is the fact that when i go 1600x1200 the desktop extends further than my monitor and i have to move my mouse over to see the rest. I have a 9700pro with the catalyst 4.3 drivers. I cant figure it out and i need help. Also is it normal for the screen to wave a bit?

after a restart the wave is gone but it still cant do 16x1200 and any refresh rate over 60hz.

I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean you cannot set the refresh rate to over 60Hz or when you do, the display goes haywire?
--------
If it's the first, then it's a software or cable issue. Make sure you're using the supplied vid cable and that none of the pins on either end are bent (monitor, pc, cable itself, etc).
--------
If it's the second, it's either the vid card or the monitor. If higher refresh rates worked on a different monitor, then it's the monitor.

It's the monitor. It can't support that resolution at a higher refresh rate.

I've settled on 1152x864 @85 Hz with my 955 DF.

yah thats exactly what i mean. i cant do anything over 60hz on any res. adn when i got to 16x1200 on anything hertz a find the desktop extending past the monitor and i have to move the mouse to scroll over

If you can move the mouse off the visible area of the screen and the screen moves to follow the mouse, then that is a software issue. You have it set somewhere not to scale but to pan with the mouse.

If the pointer just goes off the screen and gets lost, then you need to adjust the picture width and posn on the monitor itself.

Make sure under the 'displays' tab in the Radeon 9700 Pro properties menu that the 'Use DCC' button for the main display is checked. Under the 'monitor' tab make sure the right display is selected and the refresh rate you want is selected.

Back