• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My dumbest question ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrhappy

Hi all....

After a long and painful experience with mobos blowing up and frying my CPU, things are finally working, yay!

So, I now have a replaced GA-7N400 Pro2 and a brand-spanking-new XP 3000+ CPU. Plug everything in, up she comes and reports that my CPU is running at 1.3Ghz..... uhhhhh... huh?? I thought it was supposed to be about 2.2Ghz!?!?!?

Pull the manual out, everything is set right. Side note - This manual is written in Japlish, so I hope I am reading it right. Everything is set to AUTO.

So, here is my dumbest question ever.... Have I got the right DIP switches thrown so my CPU is detected correctly?

Thanks for your reply,
JAMES

Hey man welcome to the forums.

Something is obviously not set correctly. Look at your board, or manual, and see if it has dip switches or jumpers for front side bus and multiplier setting. If there is nothing like that, then your bios may control bus speed and multiplier settings. Look in your manual in the bios and find front side bus speed and multiplier setting, and adjust it accordingly( or overclock to your hearts conent). I think that board has them in the bios, i would start there.

Good Luck,

Later-

if auto doesnt work set your dip switchs in this order 1246 set to on and leave 3 and 5 off that will give u 3000+xp setting with your dip, i have the same board.

Sometimes you have to be careful with crappy written manuals. Theres been many of times when a dip switch was the mirror image of the settings... meaning every switch was actually the opposite as shown in the manual.

Just a thought.

Back