• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems getting over 210FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
I am having issues getting over 210FSB. I have very good water cooling, and have tried almost everything I can think of. I can get it to run 215 but it will lock during Prime. I actually have an AC unit blowing dirctly on the MB, so temps around it are about 50F. The system is the second one in my sig. Do I need to do a mod to pass this?

your ram might not go above 210 at those timings. To check that it isn't the ram holding you back, try using really loose setting on it (ie 3-3-3-8). Then see if it will go higher.

You need to figure out what component won't go above 210. It might be the RAM, the chipset, or the clockspeed induced by a 210 fsb may be to high.

Have you tried upping the voltages? Unless your RAM is defective, it should run those speeds and timings. If you have mobile Barton, they sometimes don't like high FSBs.

Try increasing vCore, increasing RAM voltage to 2.9, and seeing if having chipset voltage at 1.5v or 1.7v helps.

I had similar prob. when i hitted 227*11. It wouldn'y boot. Run memtest86 and make sure it isnt the ram or the controller. If it isnt it might then be the chipset. Just kill one thing at a time to figure it out. This is were to be patient.

OK, I am reinstalling XP now, I guess it got corrupt from so much messing with it and locking up. I will try to loosen up the timings. I have tried upping the voltages across the board. I do have it in dual channel mode and am using the latest tictac bios. I have very good watercooling on the cpu, nothing on video. I'll post how it turns out with the loose timings after it installs.

Back