• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0E; what do u know???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3.0E and 3.20E are readily available and 3.40E is starting to show up as well. They run hot, you need to take care of your mainboard's powersection and they won't make any real difference with Northwoods unless your run cache-sensitive applications like SETI / F@H etc.

Tried a 3.0E with my VapoXE, Temps ran 5-7C Higher than my 3.0C.

RMA'd the 3.0E back to Newegg!:-/

Got a 3.0E here - whilst they are hot running it is not all bad....SETI crunching rocks on them....mines at 3.5 on air now. Scared to take it any higher as I have already seen 70c! 63c full load on the current setup, 10c higher than my old [email protected], still prefer the prescott though..

-high temps
+good for ocing
if u have nice cooling kit every thing ll be fine
just buy chip

Im selling mine and grabbing a 3.0c. Im running 42c idle right now @ 3.6ghz. It gets up to 55c under load, and thats just too hot for me. I can get it to post and load @ 3.75, but It won't run any benchmarks without freezing. My vcore is at 1.4v.

yea
that is too hot
when we are speaking of temps look my
thats p4 2,4b @ 2.71
:)

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 132
What cooling are you running? I've got a B myself and have never seen them run so low except when I'm WC'n.

At default voltage the 3.0E is not too bad and mine does about 3.5 GHz that way. It gets hot though when you raise voltage. I got mine to run stable at 3.76 using 1.5125V (1.48 in MBM as opposed to 1.35 default) (250MHZ : 1:1 - yeah baby...) but even though I am using a basic Koolance watercooling kit the system is at 150F under load with waterblock heat sensor indicating 97F. Smokes at SETI though - 2 units every 2:15h.

Yo

Back