• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

Hey all, ok i had to rma one of my nf7-s because i corrupted the bios. I sent it into newegg, and they sent me a new one. Apparently the new one, is one of the older boards. Its the same pic as the one on the newegg site, same fan. My friend told me these were amazingly good boards, and that they will o/c very high. Is this true? Does anyone have any thing i can read about the older abit nf7-s v 2.0's. I dont know exactly how its older, but he asked if the fan was the same on neweggs site, and i said yes, and he was all happy lol. Someone tell me what this means first off, and how high of an o/c i should expect and possibly what settings would be nice to use. here is my current setup

NF7-S V 2.0 Motherboard (aparently the older one)
AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ MOBILE CPU
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO GRAPHICS CARD
1GIG OF MUSHKIN PC3500 LEVEL 1 RAM
LAN BOY CASE WITH STOCK PSU. 400WATT SMARTBLUE I BELIEVE.
ETC.

I'll go into a little more detail about what I meant.

The older NF7s use a wide range of stuff that the new ones dont have.

#1 You have the better MOFSET caps as opposed to new NF7 that use cheaper caps
#2 Your transisters for the mobo are of a higher quality than the new ones
#3 The older NF7s used better binned Nforce2 memory-controllers
#4 Overall quality was higher

Thats the primary reason why they OCed further, they used much better parts. However some of the new onez still kick *** (like mine). But they are a rare gem, unlike the old ones

The main difference is the Color of the new ones vs. the color of the old ones . The new ones have a much deeper reddish hue than the the older more tan looking ones

Last edited:
ok, thanks man, well hey, class is getting ready to end so im gonna let ya go, i will talk to you in about an hour when im home and we can o/c her as far as we can. Hopefully you got my pm. G2G pz.

killerkid

Back