• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual monitor questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

Well i just added a 17 inch crt to my 21 in crt and are having a few problems getting it to work the way i want it to.

Is there a way to say play far cry on screen one, and change tracks on WMP on screen two?

Is it possible to make WMP go full screen on monitor 2 (17 inch) instead of 1??

thnx

I havn't found a way to play a game on monitor 1 without monitor 2 shutting down or just showing a blank desktop with wallpaper.

I know that some apps only display on monitor 1,so u cant drag it to the other monitor.

I also know that once ur in the game on monitor 1 u cant get the mouse to monitor 2 to change anything.

I think i had motherboard monitor 5 on monitor 2 while gaming on monitor 1 but i couldnt do anything with it because of the controls being stuck on the primary monitor.

Dual monitors can be tricky especially when playing a game. The only way I have found to control winamp while playing a game is by using the system wide hot keys. It is an option within winamp. I use ctl+alt+(right arrow) for next track and ctl+alt+(left arrow) for previous track. You get the idea.

I have not found a way to make the vis. full screen while playing a game. I don't think its going to be possible, but i'd like it if someone could prove me wrong.

The easiest way to keep your windows from "jumping around" when you open a game, is to set your main monitor's resolution to the same resolution that the game uses. All of your programs will stay put.

if it's an nvidia card, then setting it on "dualview" will let you view things on the second screen while you use the first one. ATI cards, i think, have only "dualview", but it goes by another name. Your mouse, however, is confined to the screen your game is on until you alt-tab.

So yes, you should be able to see things on the second monitor while you play games, but not interact with them until you alt-tab. (excepting system-wide hotkeys)

Try putting in a pci card with the agp card. Even a 4mb pci should do the trick instead of running both monitors through the same card. Was the only way to get EVE Online to work in dual for me. Glad I finally kicked the habit of that game...

Back