• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got NF7-S and 2 Maxtor 80 GIG ATA 133 8 meg Cache What do i need for Raid Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cytomax

Just got NF7-S and 2 Maxtor 80 GIG ATA 133 8 meg Cache What do i need for Raid Setup?

Hello all i just got my Abit NF7-S mobo and i already have 2 Maxtor 80 GIG ATA 133 8 Meg Cache HD's. My question is what hardware would i need to set up these bad boys on the serial ports so i can put them in (Its the one that it stripes both HDs to make it look like one i dont know if its 1 or 0) RAID 1 or 0. I also have 1 more quesiton.. when i put in the HD's can 2 HD's fit per 1 port so is it 4 SATA devices in total or is it only 1 device per sata port? And if i use the SATA ports do i lose any functionality in the IDE 0 and 1 ports?
Thanks in Advance
Eddie

Last edited:
Sata is one device per port. Raid 0 is stripe. And you know that serillel adapter that came with your nf7-s ? well you will need one more of those.

J.

Thanks julien
And if i use the SATA ports do i lose any functionality in the IDE 0 and 1 ports?
Thanks in Advance
Eddie

oh yeah,

i'm using a raid 0 stripe on my nf7-s with two maxtor ata 133 drives. You'd be happy to know they bench just as fast as my friends raid 0 array with 2 cuda sata drives. I just wanted to add, be sure and set the discard time in bios to 1ms, otherwise you may have a problem with corruption on those maxtors ;)

J.

Back