• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stop bragging!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeseius

I am trying not to flame but I am getting sick of ppl posting about their rediculous CPU temps. If someone needs help with their temps, or they arent sure if they are running too hot or not, dont take advantage of it to brag about ur rediculous temps and tell them nething over 40c is too hot, cuz its not! AMD XPs run fine at up to 55-58c. Post the truth and quit bragging about ur redicuous temps.

It happends all the time, someone with water cooling posts his temps and asks if they are good, which is fine, then someone comes bursting in saying "mine runs cooler than yours with air cooling, mine runs 30c idle and blah blah blah" no one cares. They want to know whats hot and whats not.

The truth is stock cooling with avg room temps will get you 50c-55c, depending on where u live and whats avg for your room. If its nice and cool then you will probably get 45c-50c with stock cooling. With a good HSF you can get down to 39c idle, but ur room must be cold. Remember ppl, if your saying you get 35c idle with ur air cooling solution and avg room temps then your lying, thats just rediculous, if thats what it says then you have a temp misreadings. There is only so much you can do with air cooling and nething below 39c with air cooling is just stupid unless your room temp is 50F.

You're 100% correct. Except bear in mind that in most cases, its more the motherboard's fault than the user's. Most users simply refuse to believe that the mobo in-socket thermistor is telling them anything other than the truth... I'd reckon most people that claim 40°C load temps would be shocked if they knew how hot their CPU's were running in reality. Fact of the matter is, most dont know better, so I'd say "lying" is too strong of a word.

Neeseius said:
AMD XPs run fine at up to 55-58c.

And above...
Neeseius said:
The truth is stock cooling with avg room temps will get you 50c-55c...
What do you consider avg. room temp.?

And a direct question:
cpu cooler Coolermaster Aero7+:44 idle at 24 room temp. Good or bad??? I know it's good enough, but...
(ps:stock speeds, high performance timings/interface, mobo overvolts a bit..1,68-1,7...)

I think a lot of people post their temps just to compare them. I also assume they are reading the temps from the motherboard monitor unless they specifically state that they are using something else. So if two people are reading their mobo temps from the software menu, one would think they would still be comparable even if they are wrong. (ie if both read 10 degrees lower than they should be, the water cooling should still be lower than the air.)

AZ avg room temp would be 76-77F, a cold place like washington would be more like 65F or near there (unless u turn the heat up alot) which would probably take ur CPU temps down a few degrees. Ur temps are perfect, mine are 46idle and 49-50c load

As long as your rig is prime-stable it doesn't matter what temps you get.... Just my oppinion.

A lot of it has to do with overhead. As overclockers we expect things to go wrong and fail. I'd rather have it at 45c with a better heatsink than at 55 and come home one day to find out my stepbrother turned the heat up to 85(As he so often does..) and now my cpu is toast. I really don't care too much anymore. Open case + SP97 = no worries about overheating ever, I got a 4 degree drop just from laying my case sideways!

Gautam said:
AMD's can run up into the 80's without a problem at low voltages(1.5-1.6).

Most temperature readings arent on Die temps, i would image the on die temp would be like 5-10C hotter than the socket which most temp readers use. From my experience they dont like nething above 59c socket, which in theory could mean it running up to 70c, but hey whatever works

Heh I rely on a temp probe hooked up to a LCD display in my 5.25 bay. The temp probe is located right under/on the CPU. You would think that is pretty accurate no?! Any closer way to really tell how hot your CPU is running at please let me know. I'm wide open for input!

Also, I don't ever really recall people bursting in anywhere & bragging about temps at all. I mean it's all how you look at it to. I generally look at something stated like that as a informational type of comment. "Well guy A. is at 35ºC on water & guy B. is at 32ºC on air." Well then guy A. must be in a hot room or OC'in with a higher vcore. Guy B. must not have much voltage or is in a basement or somethin, etc.......

Maybe they are relying on software to tell them temps which I don't believe is accurate. I have noticed that MBM 5 is semi-accurate with my temp probe.

-ºb§

Most temperature readings arent on Die temps, i would image the on die temp would be like 5-10C hotter than the socket which most temp readers use. From my experience they dont like nething above 59c, but hey whatever works
The in-socket thermistor verus actual core temperature can vary anywhere between 0-20°C depending on the board, BIOS, etc.

As long as your rig is prime-stable it doesn't matter what temps you get.... Just my oppinion
In most cases, this simply rule should hold true, but you can't generalize like this for sure.

Hitechjb1:
- One can boot up system or even run Prime95 for a very short time at a much higher frequency, with enough Vcore. It means the Vcore is able to satisfy the minimum condition at a high frequency, but temperature and current fluctuation may bring system down eventually if certain condition is not met.

- At highest overclocking, a CPU and system have minimal tolerance to perturbation since a small perturbation would result in logical errors. The small perturbation requirement translates into a lower operating temperature requirement for the CPU.

- The further away from maximal overclocking (e.g. much lower Vcore), a CPU and system have more tolerance to perturbations, component fluctuation, …, which translate into higher allowable operating temperature.

- A CPU can run stably at a much higher temperature (e.g. 60+ C), at a lower Vcore and lower frequency (e.g. 1.4 – 1.6 V, 2.2 - 2.3 GHz for Tbred B/Barton) than its intrinsic ideal max frequency.

- A CPU needs a much lower temperature (e.g. under 30 - 45 C on air or even lower for extreme cooling) to run stably at high Vcore for sustaining a higher overclocking frequency (e.g. 1.8 – 2.0+ V, 2.5 – 3.0+ GHz).

Well untill I get my system as cold as Voyager 1....

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

I am not satisfied!! Imagine your system too could be running at around -242 and should it survive and move out into the gulf between the galaxies in about 55 thousand years at its current rate of speed then it will be at about 5 degrees above 0K!!!

My own Mach 1 is happy at 0C no load, 5C full load hehheheh. :D

MAN YOU GUYS MUST HAVE CRAPY CHIPS!

MY CPU runs at 15C at full load!! And I just use an old p1 heat sink withOUT a fan! .... you guys have crapy chips or somthing. or maby i just got the best chip in the world ... IM so lucky HAHA. hey did i mention that i live in Las Vegas.... its like a 105F in my room. MY chip is SO KEWL. My cooling system is SO awsom! HAHAH LUCKY ME! AHAH

PS
j/k
~Hoss~
;)

My dad's palomino 1700+ @ stock ran at close to 70c for about a year until I swapped it out to hand it down to my sister and upgrade his rig. Pretty surprised it was running so toasty but it was perfectly stable. Don't have to worry too much about stock chips and temps as long as your motherboard alarm isn't beeping or constantly shutting down your rig ;). Overclocked chips on the other hand can be very tempermental with temps like Gautum's quote from Hitechjb1. I've always tested the onboard shutdown feature on all my boards to make sure they work and they haven't failed me yet. The earlier tbird days however...
flamethrower.gif

Ambience has a lot to do with temps. The hotter the area is the hotter the case temps is and the hotter the cpu will be.

Tomsawyer said:
Well untill I get my system as cold as Voyager 1....

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

I am not satisfied!! Imagine your system too could be running at around -242 and should it survive and move out into the gulf between the galaxies in about 55 thousand years at its current rate of speed then it will be at about 5 degrees above 0K!!!

My own Mach 1 is happy at 0C no load, 5C full load hehheheh. :D

5 degrees above 0 Kelvin?! I don't even know if the CPU could operate at that temperature. I think the die would shrink and become far too brittle for the 18-25lbs of downward force required by AMD spec for HSF combos.

As it stands, I'm about 45 idle, 51 load w/ my M-Barton 2500+ at 2500 Mhz @ 1.775 Vcore w/ my SLK-947U and Pana U1A 92mm at 7 volts. :D

ummmm, why would you think kelvin, when he specifically put a C for celcius after his temps.

btw: isn't condensation a problem at temps just above 0C ?

Edit: Also having the core at 0 Kelvin would be great because the semiconductors would act as superconductors and operate very efficently

Back