• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diy Waterblock Info.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THE_ODD_ONE

Registered
Have some ideas on some blocks i would like to make.
are there some good tut,s out there that could help me get started.I have access to most of the stuff i need at my work.

thanks for the info

Thank you very much for the info. This will be great.

One more question. what should be a max wheight of the block when done?

Last edited:
well I typically shoot for about 1/2" thickness then tack on the barbs. I typically use 1/4" copper for the base plate and mill my stuff out of that. It all depends on design.

Jon

Weight? it does not relly matter aslong as its not relly heavy ie. enough to cause damage to your mobo but dont worry as it has to be very heavy to do that;)

lol I missed the W.

Mine are typicaly light, but I think anything over a pound is too much?

Jon

I cant get the cooper right now so I used some alum.

I used 1/4" lexan for the top and 1/4 " alum for the plate,2 brass barbs and 8 stanless steel hex bolts to secure the plates.

I have not milled the water jacket yet(looking for the best design)
and I was at about 260grams(about 1/2 pound)

Lookin pretty good.

Thanks for all the help.

Will have some pics up 2moro.

Just found a pump to play with today ( wife was not to happy)
310 gal/hr @ 1' lift and adjustable flow rate to 237gal/hr@3' lift or 156@5'lift.
Just something to play with right now.I found it at walmart for $34.00 its got adapters for diff. size hoses (standard inlet and outlet is 3/4") its made by Garden Escapes and is for large outdoor fountains.

have pics soon.

Back