• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pelt water chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matttheniceguy

Hey all, I just though I would try to get some info/ideas on the following.

I have an unlocked 2800+ on an NF7-S, with a modded thermaltake Aquarious 2 cooling it (I know it's a weak water cooler, but for the money and noise it kicks serious ***)

Anyway, I have been looing at using a mini fridge compressor to make a water chiller, or using a 220W pelt on the CPU, but both ideas have some serious problems, be it with consensation and power supplies, or massive noise hard to move setups.

I am not looking for the most outragous cooling, and only want to take my cpu to about ambient temps so consendation isn't a problem around the core. I have 2 identical POS power supplies that I am not using, rated for 11 amps on the 12V line, and I am thinking about making a water chiller using 2 of these 110 W pelts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4660&item=3808326560&rd=1

I think they are 110 Watts at 15 volts, but I should still be able to run them around 80 watts still.

My question has more to do with the thermal efficency of a pelt. At around 80 watts, hiw much heat do they pump if the cold side is around 20 degrees celcious?

Any other advice about the construction of such a unit could be helpful. I am planning on making my own waterblock and heatsink for the pelts from copper.

Back