• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any help will be apprecitated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasespeed

Hi all.. I havea few questions(obviously)...

I am lost reading about all the different names of the CPU cores and such...

I do know that I have a 1.4 Cely 256k L2

My question is, how do I get the bios to let me change the cpu speeds?..and how far has anyone gone with these particular cpus, if at all..any help will be appreciated...

Chase

By the way..it is a compaq.(ugh, I know)

I just found out its a tualtin(or something), and a DMI??? mobo..

the utility didnt say much more...thanx in advance

Last edited:
I guess the only way for you to change the frequency of your celeron was to adjust the fsb speed in your bios, but it can be a problem if there is no pci lock for your mobo.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! Think you just found out why most of us build our own setups, could try "speedfan" or "cpufsb" to try saftware overclocking but the chances are not good.

Man, I guess that sux, I was hoping for something to hold em over 'till I could afford to build a system....well, if thats the case..

Okay, lemme ask this question, I would prefer to stay with Intel..

Which mobo, and CPU, will give the best for the buck, I have I few parts already, I just need the cpu, mobo, and matching ram..

Any sugestions.. bear in mind, I am active duty, so I have little funds for something like this..

One cpu I saw, a p4 2.6 with a 1mb cache, and HT(IIRC)..and thoughts on this...kind of in the dark..I deal more with UNIX and HPUX than intel and windows...so...

Again, thank you for your help, and thanx for the welcome

Chase

Sorry for the igorant and lengthy post...

Not sure what your budget is or how much RAM you need, but for about $500 you can build a really nice P-4 system with 2X512 MB of RAM (1 gig total). Something like the 2.8C and an Abit AI7. You can knock off about $100 if you go with less RAM (2X256 MB). Might be able to get a little cheaper if you shop around and get aN Abit IS7-E if you don't need all the mobo features. The 2.4C is about $20 less too.

chasespeed said:
Man, I guess that sux, I was hoping for something to hold em over 'till I could afford to build a system....well, if thats the case..

Okay, lemme ask this question, I would prefer to stay with Intel..

Which mobo, and CPU, will give the best for the buck, I have I few parts already, I just need the cpu, mobo, and matching ram..

Any sugestions.. bear in mind, I am active duty, so I have little funds for something like this..

One cpu I saw, a p4 2.6 with a 1mb cache, and HT(IIRC)..and thoughts on this...kind of in the dark..I deal more with UNIX and HPUX than intel and windows...so...

Again, thank you for your help, and thanx for the welcome

Chase

Sorry for the igorant and lengthy post...

I think the cpu you are talking about is p4 2.6e which have 1 mb level 2 cache and uses 90micronmeter core called prescott, if that's the one you are talking about, then you are better off getting a p4 2.4c with northwood core because prescott is REALLY hot and northwood perform better than prescott when run at same speed.

Back