• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Klipsch Promedia: Is this possible? Read on...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odie812

Hey everyone,

I have a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX speakers (not the weird-looking GMX ones, the old ones). I love them, but I'm kind of annoyed because of the weird connection they use. The speakers connect to the back of the subwoofer with regular speaker cable, but on the other end of this cable (the end which plugs into the speakers) is a stero minijack! not speaker wire.

The problem is that this cable is only 8 feet or so long, and I want to move the speakers further away from my PC. So my question is this....

I have about 50 feet of Monster Cable... would it be possible to buy the stereo minijacks from Radioshack or something and make a cable like the one Klipsch included with better/longer cable?

If so, would it be hard? what would I need? Fill me in... I'm a
newbie to audio stuff. I'm just a computer geek... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Odie :)

First off, they are mono jacks, not stereo. Yes, you could get mono 1/8" jacks from Rat Shack and wire your own. Might even get a bit better sound quality with your new cable.

Back