• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oh f*** -- cant mount Dtek WW on an AI7??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuckMan212

who's brilliant idea at Abit to position the CPU socket at a 45 degree angle?? I just ripped apart my rig and was 1/2way done rebuilding before I tried to mount my WW and realized the base plate will not fit because of the corner of the 478 socket is now in the way.

If I had a metal shop I could cut a "notch" so it would fit but I dont and even if I did thats too much work.

I'm surprised more peeps arent' talking about this since the AI7 is a fairly popular mobo and the WW is a fairly popular WB.

hmmmmm

damn you abit!!:mad:

all you need is a different p4 plate that goes on top of the block instead of beneath it. i think you can find one here. i was looking for the same thing and i emailed them. they said it has been tested with a whitewater, and from the pic they sent me, it goes ontop of the block. that should solve your problem

i dont have a pic right now, but you see the 4 screws that hold the block together? the metal plate has the 4 p4 holes, and then 4 holes for these screws. the screws then go through the plate and then into the block. the plate also has holes for the whitewaters 3 barbs. if you email logic cooling, im sure they'll be able to send you a pic of it.

found a pic here

edit: heres anotehr good one

note these arent the logic cooling plate, but it is designed the same way. also, these are on the little river white water blocks :cool:

thanks for the links but that doesnt look too nice to me....

I had a DD RBX lying around... so I mounted it up-- worked great on the AI7, temps are just about equal to what I saw w/ the Whitewater and it looks nicer too...

now running 292fsb 1:1 with my pc4200 3-4-4-7 OCZ sticks (2x512). seems prime stable so far (few hours) Memtest passed 5 loops.

this Ai7 really kicks!! now if only I could use MBM/speedfan instead of that uGuru garbage....

" now if only I could use MBM/speedfan instead of that uGuru garbage..." i love uguru with my AN7 it has its on fan controller somewhat.Also how is the WW compared to my maze4

Customize it..Hit it with metalic paint or sand and buff it to a brillant shine and clear coat it.......

Last edited:
I ran into this problem too. Had to take a hacksaw to the right side of the mounting plate.

I talked to Danny at... nm. Was in the thread I started a while ago about this.

got a link to that thread?? I would like to read further............... I sent an email to Dtek about it too...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=254382&highlight=ai7+dtek

Did you just purchase the WW? I'm a bit concerned since I never called Danny back, and still want a replacement mounting plate. If they're still shipping plates that don't fit the AI7...

Basically what I did was cut a square off the right side of the mounting plate to make it look like a letter "C." Be carefull if you take a hacksaw to it, since I bent one of the sides a little.

I wouldn't say I "just" bought it-- I ordered a little less than a month ago. If he changed plates maybe I will order one of the new plates to save myself the trouble in the future since I plan on building a couple more rigs based on the AI7.

are you saying the currently shipping WWs are supposed to have a plate that will fit the AI7? he never wrote me back either.

I'm saying when I called him around Christmas time, he implied he would give the specs of this mobo to someone so they could make changes to the mounting plate. I would have thought that they would have acted before 2 or 3 months.

I'm going to have to give him a call again.

cool post back if you speak to him so we know if any changes are in the works........

while you're on the phone ask him why we cant get nickel plated barbs on those whitewaters.................

LuckMan212 said:
while you're on the phone ask him why we cant get nickel plated barbs on those whitewaters.................

Price. If everyone was willing to pay $5-$10 more for the custom barbs DTek used to use, they'd still be around. But, with DangerDen selling a nearly identical waterblock for $20 less than DTek originally sold the WW, they had to drop the price to compete. One result: cheaper barbs.

yeah but why not offer it as an option? What's $5-10 here and there when you're talking about the crux of your watercooling setup??

Back