• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT400 & Barton 2800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wizdon

Registered
I'm upgrading from a 1800+ to (hopefully) a barton 2800. To do this I need new RAM. I'm looking at GeIL 512mb PC3200 (and a Radeon 9800 Pro, for good measure).

MB: Giga-byte 7VAX KT400

Does this motherboarrd support barton cores?

My MB has a list of supported PC-3200 memory modules available from its website. It's a very small list. What are the chances of this Geil stick working?

I've read through a lot of documentation from the gigabyte website and the manual and its been very confusin and unhelpful. They won't respond to my emails.

And, if anybody has experiences with this board or its close relatives I would love to hear from you.

Much appreciated!

Much Appreciated.

This board doesn't have a 1/6 divider so going far above the guaranteed maximum of 166mhz fsb (despite its name, KT400) is not really going to happen. I'm going to buy an Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 and a piece of mind for a suprisingly good price. :)

Cheers.

Will post back late Tuesday or Wednesday, once I've got her going.

About your OC (in your sig); was the RAM the limiting factor, or did your CPU decide that enough was enough? What voltage is it at? It's a nice overclock, I am (ambitiously) hoping to hit 2500 (12.5*200MHz). :)

pertty much my RAM is at its limit , ive hit 2.4Ghz. but ram just doesnt want to work with it. ill have to pick up some PC-3200. i belive my Vcore is at 1.76. im modding my case so it appart right now

good luck with the 12.5 x 200

I picked up the Abit NF7-S and Radeon 9800 Pro yesterday. The XP 2800+ and the 512mb PC3200 Geil RAM were not in stock. I should get them tomorrow or the next day.

Using the new multiplier settings in the NF7-S (which I'm in love with, btw) I got my current cpu, the XP1800, up to 1.96GHz @ 1.75v (with PC2100 RAM). But I believe that's a story for another section of these forums!

When I recieve the new CPU and RAM then I will post a new thread documenting my progress and link to it from here.

Back