• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kostaja

Hello,

I was doing some overclocking and trying to find a working speed.
After a few bios resets, my computer stopped working. I tried to reset the bios with the jumper and removing the battery, but it isnt starting up.

Fans starts, I can hear the HDs start, but thats all, no picture, no BEEP sounds...

I'm wondering if my motherboard is broken.. ? If thats the case, what would you recommend for AXP 2100+?

This is my current system:

KT3 Ultra 2, VIA KT333
AXP 2100+
Radeon 9800pro
1024mb memory

Thanks..

Leave the battery out overnight and jumper in clear position then reset it in the morning and try again. If you can get it to boot select Load Optimized defaults and then Save and exit.

Regards, Balrog

Thanks for the answer. Didnt work, though I forgot to take the battery off when I went to bed.. :/

Is there a chance that the board is really broken? Or the processor maybe?

Last edited:
Yes to both questions, maybe both but not likely.

Do you have another CPU you can try?

If not see if you can borrow one even, you've cleared CMOS so any OC settings are gone, see if it will boot with a different CPU.

Next you could try to buy a new BIOS chip for your board or send yours out for reflashing, unless you have a good friend that has the same BIOS chip and is willing to chance hot flashing yours for you.

Regards, Balrog

Back