• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32 nOOb folder contest!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

***CONTEST IS OVER***

Ok let the contest begin!

There is a used, but in perfect working condition AMD Barton 2500+ to win! This chip can run 2,4 ghz on watercooling BTW.

Here are the rules:

1) You have to be a new folder for team 32 between april 4th 2004 and now! . (If you are not a team 32 folder, go for it right now! ) :D

2) Tou have to send me a PM so I can register you in the contest.

3) There must be at least 15 inscriptions ar later sunday april 18 or else the contest will not go.

4) I will use EOC stats for monitoring.

5) Those that are folding for OSUMaxx or PMSfishy are not eligible. You must fold under your own name for tracking purposes to be eligible. (Thanks Fast420A!)

6) Your folder name must be EXACTLY the same as your forum name. ( Thanks Paspomax!)

7) Your points must be below 2000 to still be eligible. (Thanks Fast420A)

So the winner will be the first one to reach 15 000 points!! So go ahead! FOLD nOOb!

**UPDATE**

There will also be a second prize thrown in the mix on this, the newbie folder with the most CPU's online at the END of the contest will get a gently used MSI MS-6367 Nforce1 mATX board with onboard everything and uses DDR. This board has been STABLE folding on Win98 for MONTHS. Never had a problem, though no OCing options it is great to throw a Pally in a fold away. The Case Fan 3 pin is dead on it though, other than that, it's great and currently folding in my farm but will gladly give it away to see our folding team increase in size. The Stanford site will be used for CPU count tracking on this as well as the PPW increase that should accompany this on the EOC stats. Good Luck!!!!

( Fast420A donnation)

Last edited:
Woohoo, come on n00b's....You all better sign up for this...otherwise..I'll change my name to n00bie-hoobie and fold with my farm...heheheh, only kidding. We know who you noobies are, there were 30 of you just this last week.

Hooah!

Papsomax said:
Woohoo, come on n00b's....You all better sign up for this...otherwise..I'll change my name to n00bie-hoobie and fold with my farm...heheheh, only kidding. We know who you noobies are, there were 30 of you just this last week.

Hooah!

Yeah you just make me think about another rule! Your folding name must be the same as you name on the forum!

:D

Well I am a newbie here so if there are more like me it wont take too long. Just dont know if I should join this contest tho.

No offense to PMSfishy or OSUmaxx, it just is impossible to track this with them in your Army. There will also be a second prize thrown in the mix on this, the newbie folder with the most CPU's online at the END of the contest will get a gently used MSI MS-6367 Nforce1 mATX board with onboard everything and uses DDR. This board has been STABLE folding on Win98 for MONTHS. Never had a problem, though no OCing options it is great to throw a Pally in a fold away. The Case Fan 3 pin is dead on it though, other than that, it's great and currently folding in my farm but will gladly give it away to see our folding team increase in size. The Stanford site will be used for CPU count tracking on this as well as the PPW increase that should accompany this on the EOC stats. Good Luck!!!!

Ya know someone that is already crankin is going to just change their box names, and make a new forum name so I don't really see a point for the real noobs to compete.

PCGUY112887 said:
Ya know someone that is already crankin is going to just change their box names, and make a new forum name so I don't really see a point for the real noobs to compete.
that would be dishonest
i would enter but im hoping to win pmsfishy's bike so im folding under his name.:D

PCGUY112887 said:
I know it would be dishonet but you know someone is going to do it and just be quiet about it.
lies breed more lies, i feel sorry for that person really, just once id like them to know what it feels like to be completely honest with yourself and everyone around you.

PCGUY112887 said:
I know it would be dishonet but you know someone is going to do it and just be quiet about it.

We would notice someone's production dropping as the new guys production went up and in the end the mods can trace the IP and tell us if it's the same guy.

gotta love the mighty moderator factor

that, 'n when they're caught, I'm sure the mods would have some punishment factor for them...

dumbfish said:
crap im too late i just started folding today

No your not too late! So if you want to join the course, please PM me!

Come on noob let's participe!

Well, I definately qualify for this!

I just started yesterday.

Unfortunately, I am at 33/400 on Protein 638, and I don't know how many "points" that will amount to.

BTW, getting to 33 has taken me almost 20 hours.

Heh, what are you running Turbage? I get that in around 6 hours on my rig... Seems kinda slow to me.

Also, does anyone know if the text-only client is more efficient than the graphical version because I think I see a bit more efficient processing going on, but then again, I have been known to see many things that don't exist :rolleyes:

Tatuya said:
Heh, what are you running Turbage? I get that in around 6 hours on my rig... Seems kinda slow to me.

Also, does anyone know if the text-only client is more efficient than the graphical version because I think I see a bit more efficient processing going on, but then again, I have been known to see many things that don't exist :rolleyes:

Turbage, that is kind of slow, do you have anything else taking up CPU cycles?

The text only is more efficient than the graphical, that's what is installed as a service if you use the One-Click install.

Ah, I thought it was way more efficient. No wonder I'm folding faster than ever. Thanks for the info Fast420A, now I gotta get my old Vaio and my old Packard Bell (remember those?) up and folding :D

Back