• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf

Specs:
A7A266 w/o Audio
1.4 GHZ T-Bird
Volcano II Heatsink
256 mb PC2100
60 Gig
Gefore 2 Pro 64 mb

When ever I use my computer for regular day the CPU runs at about 138 F, and when I use it for gaming it goes up to 145 F. Now I never notice any decrease in performance or anything but the weird thing is that my friend has the same specs except a FIC AD11 and it runs about 20 degrees cooler. Is my computer ok or do I have change something?

Well We have to know some more stuff like what is the Air temp in the room you are useing the computer and how much air is moveing in their.

In Reply

Ok well I have two coolermaster fans in the case. One that brings in air from the front and one that takes the air out the back. My friend only has one fan taking air out the back. My room is kept at about 76 F and my case is sitting on my desk. I put on some artic silver on to the chip. What other information do you need? Thanks for your help.

Those temps are way hot. It would help to post your temps in celsious. We have quite a bit of metric people here. Are you using Artic Silver the correct way with just a fine film and not gobs of it? What heatsink are you using?

In Reply

I have a Volcano II heatsink right now but I am thinking about getting the volcano 6 but im not sure if its worth it. Some people have been telling me that the temperature gauge on the Asus A7A266 Motherboard is just closer to the CPU than other boards so thats why it is reading so high. But i dont know. AMD tells me that the 1.4 Tbird max temp is 94 C and like I have never noticed any performance drops. So is this ok?

32C was the toom temp

*Edit*
No I don't use Artic Silver on anything

TranceBear said:
Those temps are way hot. It would help to post your temps in celsious. We have quite a bit of metric people here. Are you using Artic Silver the correct way with just a fine film and not gobs of it? What heatsink are you using?

Back