• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fan controller?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capmuffin

Ide like to get a fan controller but which one? I would like to keep the cost low land quiet my 4x120 MM case fans down a bit (2 panaflow med one LED stock one that came with antec p160, and my SFII until water goes back in. What ones do u reccomend and what kinds do u guys use. Also links to order woould help.

I know this sounds nub but..i dont know much about them...but i aint nub 2.65 Barton M stable slk-800 w00t :D...wow this feels like a first post

i use vantec nexus 201 and i also got a sunbeam one too. I like the nexus's looks but the little buzz might be annoying to some people when you turn your fan down to 7v. My sunbeam fan controller is cheap and effective but really bright leds. So bascially its up to you. There are other better models out there but come with a bigger price. The ones i named are probably the lower cost ones. Hope this helped

by the way, it is cheaper if you build your own fan bus! you just buy as much as rheostats as you need and connect them to the fans ;)
costs you 5 dollar or somethin like that

I think I would go with the Sunbeam Reobus...If the lites bother you, you can turn them off with kit # 3..:)

BLACK SUNBEAM

SILVER SUNBEAM

Specification : 1. Power : 20 watt per channel
2. Input voltage : DC 12V
3. Output voltage: 0 ~ 12 V
4. Output current: up to 1.67 A

Is it possibe to cut those light out and not have any lights at all? They are so bad.

I'm sure there's a way to turn them off NISSMO,there's always a way.:) I don't personally own one, so I can't tell you how..:( I'm sure someone here has done it though..

*You might try a forum search and or a google search...;)

the nexus 301 I believe lets you control 1 CCFL, 3 fans and you can turn them off, and I don't think it bottlenecks your RPMs at full

archilochus said:
I think I would go with the Sunbeam Reobus...If the lites bother you, you can turn them off with kit # 3..:)

BLACK SUNBEAM

SILVER SUNBEAM

Specification : 1. Power : 20 watt per channel
2. Input voltage : DC 12V
3. Output voltage: 0 ~ 12 V
4. Output current: up to 1.67 A

I second the subeam all teh way!!!

My sunbeam fan controller is cheap and effective but really bright leds.
Is it possibe to cut those light out and not have any lights at all? They are so bad.

yes you can. it's easy. just pull them out of their sockets... the rheobuses don't even need them... ;)

I'm trying to work out which pin is the ground for these LEDs (3pin), so I can replace em' with some dimmer / different colored ones :D!

the nexus 301 I believe lets you control 1 CCFL, 3 fans and you can turn them off, and I don't think it bottlenecks your RPMs at full

every fan controller on the market i'm aware of does cap off a bit of voltage at the max. in a perfect world 12V into the controller would, at a "max" setting, result in exactly 12V out. The better fan controllers in reality will put out something like 11.8V - this is because there is resistance / inefficiencies inherent in the circuits.

When you see a voltage range from "7V - 12V," or "0V - 12V," rest assured there's some rounding going on...

if those few lost RPMs REALLY bother you, you should hook the fan/fans up to a 12V molex and stop using a fan controller ;)!

Cerberus2k7 said:
smart *** :p

sorry... can't help it sometimes :D !

the nexus 301 was the other big contender when I was looking for a fan controller, but I didn't need the CCFL included in the package I saw... and I was worried that the earlier versions' buzzy effect would carry over...

never figured that last one out though... that model may not buzz @ all :)

Back