• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slight problem with my barton 3200 !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackMagix1982

Registered
I was setting it up in BIOS and I used these settings

200mhz x 11 but when I tried to use any intense programs the computer just reset itself, especially graphic intensive programs, now I have it running at 166xDefault which gives me a Athlon 2500... I don't understand why my system kept reseting with the 200mhzx11, as the CPU was sitting at 40degree's it just seemed to be unstable.....
It may be my memory I bought some crappy stuff while waiting for my coirsair

Elixer 3200 512mb (400mhz)

I had the same problem with my Athlon 1700 but I always though that was because I fried the mainboard lmao.......

am I doing anything wrong ?

<edit> This appears to be in the wrong catagory if ny mod's have any time could they move it into the AMD section... </edit>

Sounds like either a memory or motherboard problem. What timings are you running your memory at? Try loosening them to around 2.5-3-3-11 and see if that helps. Also, set the voltage up to at lease 2.7v on them if its lower. You could also check and see if that is the problem by running the memory at a lower ratio of fsb if your bios allos you to select that. What mobo is it? More info would definitely be helpful.

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B

AMD *Retail* Athlon XP 3200+ *400 FSB* Barton (2.20GHz)

Elixer 3200 512mb (400mhz)

XFX GeForce FX 5900 XT Video Card / 128MB DDR / AGP 8X / TV Out & DVI

the memory is only temporay i'll be getting better memory on wedensday and new HDD's
memory coming on wendsday is....
Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 Registered ECC Memory (2 x 512MB) Memory CAS Latency 2-3-2-6

Should I just wait for the new memory to see if that solves my problem ?

Yeah, most likely the new ram will fix it. You still haven't said what timings the Elixer junk is running at though. You can try loosening them as I stated in my last post and see if that helps.

BlackMagix1982 said:

memory coming on wendsday is....
Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 Registered ECC Memory (2 x 512MB) Memory CAS Latency 2-3-2-6

Should I just wait for the new memory to see if that solves my problem ?

That stuff isnt gonna work AFAIK..... you need Non ECC for regular athlons. Opterons and A64 FX's need the regesterd.

it's not going to work ?

that's what the store recommended !!!

:(

are you sure ?

is this what i'm looking for,
Corsair TWINX XMS3200 Dual Channel 1024MB DDR 400MHz (2x512MB) Memory......

or what memory would be best

<edit>False Alarm it's the wrong item they have on the site, and my invoice says

Corsair TWINX XMS3200 Dual Channel 1024MB DDR 400MHz (2x512MB) Memory

</edit>

so i'm all good right........ lmao

Last edited:
yeah it's cool now it's the wrong item they have displayed on the site or the link to from my invoice......

but my invoice says

Corsair TWINX XMS3200 Dual Channel 1024MB DDR 400MHz (2x512MB) Memory

not regestered !

<edit>

so how do i check the timing's of my memory lmao

</edit>

Its in your bios. It should be labeled cas latency and stuff like that. If you cant find it, just post all the numbers in your bios and tell what they are.

Go into the bios. Your ram timings are in the second section down. I can't remember what exactly it's called but I think it's advanced chipset features. I'd say it's your ram too. I'm running an amd 2000+ on an ultra infinity (same board really) at 200 fsb and it's rock stable.

My motherboard has 3 settings for the memory

Optimal/Aggresive/Turbo

T(RAS) 8/8/7
T(RC-READ) 3/3/2
T(RCD-WRITE) 3/3/2
T(RP) 3/3/2
CAS LATENCY 3.0/3.0/2.5
T(RC) 13/13/13
T(RFC) 15/15/15

So is it the memory that's causing the problem's it's currently set at (Optimal 8 3 3 3 3.0 13 15)

what did you up the vdimm and the vcore to I mine is sitting at 1.62 (vcore) not sure about the vdimm both are on automatic

Back