• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rad Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mw521

Since I am gonna put my radiator outside case so I wont have to move raid setup, I wanted to put a stand on it, I got plenty of room behind comp for this and pump, rest of stuff will go in case. Got a 130 cfm 120mm fan on it, gonna add a filter for dust and should be good to go. Got a Danger Den RBX socket mount waterblock and DD maze4 gpu block. Nuttin like a little moddin!!

993244rad1.jpg

993246rad2.jpg

993247rad3.jpg

Got some rubber feet on it should go just fine!!!!!!!!!

looks nice, how big are those bolts used to attach the fan to the heatercore? i'm trying to get a small one that won't break the fins.

They are some #8 brass rods I had lying around, I threaded the ends of them. I tapered one end of a piece and gently pushed it thru fins to widen them a tad. The vertical pieces are the tubes so dont hit them, the horizontal ones are just fins.

:clap:

That thing looks AS BIG as your water fall there ! hehehe

Very Sweet looking MW, very sweet. :D

Bet it makes a whole bunch more room inside the case too!

:cool:
Nice Job !

Now I'm just gonna Have to make me one. :D

Last edited:
Sounds and looks like a good system man!

And I have to apologize to you publicly and sincerely:
I still have not done as promised and gotten the shrouds you sent me cleaned up and installed neatly in a system. :(
I am deeply sorry.
They are great shrouds and both look and work very well.

I allowed myself to get sidetracked many times, and have home repairs that need to be done once good weather hits, but I WILL get those things in a system worthy of them in the near future!!!!
I'd like to say that the pics (once finally done!) will be worth the wait, but the wait has been so long that I doubt if that is possible!! ;):D

Looks nice. Would probably double as a nice foot warmer under desk in the winter time. :)

A couple of people asked me about rods to hold shroud and fan on radiator. The ones in pic are some brass ones and ya need to slightly enlarge fin space to use them. If you are afraid to do this I also make some smaller ones that are made out of a #4 rod. These use 4/40 nc nuts and are small enuff to go through fins without enlarging them. I used a piece of stiff wire I got from work that is used to tie up bales of compressed cardboard. Use a 4/40 nc die and thread whatever amount of threads you need. I measured the wire at .090 so its not very big but stiff enough to make rods from. If you are completely unable to make one of them send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I will send ya a set. If ya need more of them I could make ya a small quantity if ya wanted to make a donation to our OCS counter strike server via paypal and send them myself. If ya need more information pm me.
997903rod2.jpg

Crap, wrong pic.

997903rod2.jpg

Last edited:
Geez ! one pic too small & the other..... Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.

Had to reset my screen resolution to 1920 x 1200 to view it!

lmao!

Again, NICE work there!
:cool:

how if I might ask, do you put your own thread on the ends of those rods? I ordered some prethreaded rod from McMaster but It would be nicer /better to add my own and leave the rest unthreaded since its easier + less risk of damaging the HC sliding in and out...........

do I need a lathe or something??

LuckMan212 said:
how if I might ask, do you put your own thread on the ends of those rods? I ordered some prethreaded rod from McMaster but It would be nicer /better to add my own and leave the rest unthreaded since its easier + less risk of damaging the HC sliding in and out...........

do I need a lathe or something??
See that hexagon shaped doo dad? Its a die. You just start it on end of rod and turn it, it cuts the threads as you turn it.

About anywhere that sells tools and/or drill bits and accesories. Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, etc, etc.

Back