• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL78Z or SL6WU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhOdInI

I have a 3.0C SL6WU in the mail but i can also buy a 3.0C SL78Z from a friend. Which of the two do you think has the highest probability of reaching 4ghz even 4+ on water?

Regards
:)

you never know how good the chip is until you tried it out. try your WU first and see how far it can go and compare with the 78Z...you can always RMA ;)

I got a question for all of you here, please help!!!

I got a 3.0C that can do 260FSB, I have a pair of PC4200 running at 1:1 now but the timming is very loose (3-4-4-8), do you think PC3200 BH5 running at 5:4 with tight timming (2-2-2-6) will be better?? Also I got the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe board does that run well with 5:4 using PC3200 BH5 ram??

WhOdInI said:
I am not sure, the only thing i know for sure its that he got it OEM. I will ask him and let you know.
it can only be ordered as OEM. intel doesn't even have a box product code.

i have some emails out but noone has any yet.

I am not too sure about the SL78Z.

Check this link out, this guy have the SL78Z and he needs 1.875 Vcore to reach 3.75ghz under water cooling.

Link to the CPU

Back