• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime95 error =/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

hey all i got a quick question, i got this prime error, can ya tell me what it means? heres the error.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4999998528, expected less than 0.4 Hardware failure detected.

this comes at very times, but today it came after 1min of running the torture test. here are my system specs. by the way, when i ran it this time i was only at 2.59ghz i believe i was at 215x12 @ 1.75. thanks.

mobile 2500
nf7-s 2.0
1gig pc3500 level 1 mushkin, 11 3 2 2 timings
ati radeon 9800pro gfx card

thanks.

killerkid

That error means that Prime95 detected an error while it was running. Generally Prime95 errors are caused by either CPU or Memory, so try clocking one or both back a bit. If the error's popping up rather quickly (like usually less than an hour), your system isn't anywhere near stable. Guys usually like to be able to run Prime for a day without error before calling it stable (there are exeptions to this, as some people can't even get Prime to run @ stock without errors, so don't think of Pri me as the be all and end all of stability :))

JigPu

alright, well, i dunno i know i can run 200x12 2400mhz, and prime for 6hours + and be stable.

Back