• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another rig going down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
My main rig is going down tomorrow:(. My newish 350w fortron psu has the fan going out so it gets yanked and rmaed to newegg. its drivin my crazy click click click. Its like something is hitting the blade so I pulled it out the other day and looked it over real good and saw nothing hitting the blades. I think its the bearring going out and the blade is wobbling around and hitting something. As it is I wont run it if I'm not right here to keep an eye on it. Don't want to have bigger problems from a smoked psu.

I don't have another psu to use without taking down a farm rig and I really don't want to get into that. Its a neverending circle. Of course I could pull a psu from my backup and replace it with a older psu that doesnt have the p4 plug but there again is the circle. I'd have to swap it all back in ten days or so. I havent had the best luck with fortrons either. This is the second one I've had to rma. As soon as I get back to work (laid off for a short spell nothin serious) I'll be looking at PCP&C for my main rig. I know its the luck o the draw but I'm going to bite the bullet and get the best and not worry about it.

I'll be back at full powah in a week or two plus I'll be adding another xp2500 to the farm. Actually I'll retire my backup to the farm and proudly place a shiny new (refurb) :D DFI Infinity NFII Ultra at the side of my desk. This one I'm hoping for 250ish fsb with. That'll be a nice little boost to my ppw:D

Back