• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobile 2800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they run at 1.65v default.
the will not be any better, or even worse than the 2500+ mobiles

Thanks, I have a locked 2800@2250 now. 180 fsb is tops. Do you think I could more out of a mobile 2600? Or would it not be worth it?

nf7-s
antec trupower 480
1 gig corsair xms 3200
sp-97

What voltage are you running that chip on? 2250 seems a bit low, your FSB seems too low as well for that mobo + RAM comob

hemidude:

The Coolest said:
What voltage are you running that chip on? 2250 seems a bit low, your FSB seems too low as well for that mobo + RAM comob

Ditto

And if the default voltage on the 2800+ is 1.65V then I'd get a Mobility 2500+ instead (cheaper and every bit as fast). That is if ya can't get the desktop you have now a little faster :). Try to drop your multi to see if it's the CPU holding you back or not (my guess is it is).

Psyko

hmm, what's the idea of a mobile 2800+ running just as hot as a normal 2800+, they have the same vcore right? (suppose the run same speed...)

vcore is 1.7-1.725. The chip is a pig. 180 and I crash. That is why I was curious about a Mobile 2600. Thanks.

anything higher and it wont even post. And i was thinking 2600 mobile, should I go with the 2500?

Thanks, I just hope that I will get more out of the mobile than I do now out of the 2800. And by the way anything higher than 1.8 on the vcore and the chip is at 52-54 degrees.

hemidude said:
anything higher and it wont even post. And i was thinking 2600 mobile, should I go with the 2500?

from what i've been hearing with other's experiences, there is not much difference between the mobile 2500+ and mobile 2600+ bartons. they both practically have the same overclocking potential and can easily attain 2.4 to 2.5 ghz. my suggestion to you would be to get the 2500+ instead. i went with the 2600+ but found out that the 2500+'s clock just as well and in some cases even better.

your temps are lil high , and to get more oc out of your 2800 will probly need some Vcore which will raise the Temps too high for it to run stable , so it fails to boot

and for the mobile pick the 2500 , there doing the best

well higher stock vcore= more voltage for the extreme ocer :)

just look at the old pallys, we put those chips through 2.3v hell and they came out punching.

Back