• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(HR)Titan

I want to test system made for my friend
and i put
p4 2,4b 533 fsb@2,8
ddr 333 samsung 256mb
asus p4p800
bios 1016

i downloaded prime95 v23.8.1
when i start torture test i recived this massege after 1sec
''FATAL ERROR:rounding was 0,4950 , exepted less than 0,4 ...''

i have never met that problem before

if someone knows help
thx

SOunds like RAM or CPU not taking it. I'm no Intel guy (they'll be along soon :)) but from what I've read "b's" overclock the worst. 2.4GHz->2.8GHz=133GHz->155Ghz(DDR310). I would guess either your timings are tight on loose timing Ram/need more voltage OR your CPU is too hot/perhaps need alittle more voltage.

Hope that helps alittle.

Psyko

I got the same message on my barton 2500+ @11*200 stock vcore...

Mine got 0,5 and it expected 0,4....

The problem dissapears when it is running @ stock...

Right now I trying to fiqure out why...

(HR)Titan said:
I want to test system made for my friend
and i put
p4 2,4b 533 fsb@2,8
ddr 333 samsung 256mb
asus p4p800
bios 1016

i downloaded prime95 v23.8.1
when i start torture test i recived this massege after 1sec
''FATAL ERROR:rounding was 0,4950 , exepted less than 0,4 ...''

i have never met that problem before

if someone knows help
thx

it means the pc is unstable my bets on the cpu, the ram is not being stressed all that much at that speed, how much vcore have you given the chip?

here is the results from cpu-z
thx everyone for help

Attachments

• cpu-z.jpg
    cpu-z.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 283
Try-this said:
I got the same message on my barton 2500+ @11*200 stock vcore...

Mine got 0,5 and it expected 0,4....

The problem dissapears when it is running @ stock...

Right now I trying to fiqure out why...

From my newbie experience of overclocking when i get this error is the CPU that is limiting the overclock.

i run torture test
small fft
in-place large fft
blend
and everyone show fatal error bla bla bla

It's not your CPU. It's your memory!
Your samsung pc2700 won't run at 195FSB.
Either get some pc3200 or higher rated memory, or set the
divider to 1:1 instead of 4:5
99% of 2.4b can run 2.8GHz without any problem if you have proper memory and motherboard.

linlibj said:
It's not your CPU. It's your memory!
Your samsung pc2700 won't run at 195FSB.
Either get some pc3200 or higher rated memory, or set the
divider to 1:1 instead of 4:5
99% of 2.4b can run 2.8GHz without any problem if you have proper memory and motherboard.
My samsung PC2700 will run over 200 FSB stable with a voltage boost. His RAM might be able to take it. Try testing with memtest86 (all tests). IF it fails that, it's probably the RAM. Try running with a bigger divider (ie run the ram slower) and see if the problem goes away.

do as linlibj suggested put your divider as 1:1 or under DRAM Freq. its gonna be listed as 400..that will put you at 1:1 with the FSB @ 156 your mem will be at 312MHz so u def shouldnt have any problems if you do this!!!

at default speed and 1:1 ratio i didnt have any error
;)
btw - Gnufsh i send u a PM,pls answer.thx

probably is the memory not being able to take it. fair enough wanking on about how well ur memory runs above its speed guys but not all dimms will and even so slight levels will occur and some systems will pick up on this more, specificaly more with p4 im guessing due to quadra band bus speed. either way running that kinda memory on a p4 is asking for issues really, and running stock speeds is basicaly running your memory overclocked to near end of its potential.

Back