• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VIA KT880 looks promising

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

If your like me, then your thinking that you should hold off on upgrading to a 64-bit Athlon solution due to the huge change over happening over the next six months. For some of us, the KT880 is looking better and better.

I just read on a news group thread that out of five guys that have a KT880 board, all of them are running a smooth 500MHz FSB along with PC4000 and PC4400 memory :D

That makes me wanna drool. Imagine the performance from flush 500MHz across the board on the good ole socket A platform :D

BTW, these guys all had Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2.50GHz running smoothly.

OC-Master

That would be dang nice oc's, but I for one would and am still just holding out for the socket 939 and in a year or so when it's time to upgrade, then I will ditch my trusty 2400+ and KT600 board and go all out into the 64 bit arena. I just can't justify a new board with those costs just to get a little more performance for a year. If you get one, I would love to see some benchies, I am sure it would be nice.

I don’t believe there are any products based on this chipset being sold. I’ve been looking all over and have not found one, although they should be showing up soon.

haven't seen any for sale yet but soltek at least posted their board on their site....wonder when we're gonna see it? but the way it's been getting soltek lately, maybe a long wait in the US...hopefully, we can get 'em here in okinawa sooner rather than later....if this pans out, i may be able to hold a little longer on a64....

Back