• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bro's PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qualhiveldorf

My brother was about to fal asleep then his computer began to phase in and out (in refrence to power) and then there was a big flash coming from his PSU and a loud snap. So the next day my brother and I took it apart and found that most of the caps had swelled up and were leaking juices and the circuit board was heavily discolored, wondering why this had happened my brother inspected the fan and found that the fan wouldn't easily rotate (to the point where the motors power couldn't rotate it). we still hadn't found where the flash and snap came from, then I discoved tha one of the MOSFET's (I hope thats what their called in PSU's) had snapped open. So that just goes to show how important the PSU fan is in the life of yur PSU. The suspicoius thing was that my Brother had bought and Enermax case from Newegg.com but it came not with an Enermax PSU but a "PowerUP" PSU.

edit: Luckily Im getting a fortron 400W in a few days so I can give him my current PSU.

Back