• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound blaster audigy ES VS realtek VS Nivia nforce APU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nforce APU is regarded as in par with the original audigy .. so I doubt you'll see any difference .. especially if you use the digital out on the nforce .. combine that with speaker set that accepts digital input and you'll get dolby digital ..

iBreaker said:
no in fact i use the analog one.
but i dont wanna waste 16% of cpu time when i'm playing (realtek does). that's why i ask

then you should be good with nforce APU .. they eat up so little cpu cycle ... it was a review in one major hardware site .. google for soundstorm review ..

the analog one is still good tho .. the soundstorm will do the DAC duty, and the ALC650 will split the digital signal to 5.1 analog ones .. just remember not to install ALC650 drivers .. just use nvidia sound driver (packaged with their nforce2 software package).

nut581 said:

then you should be good with nforce APU .. they eat up so little cpu cycle ... it was a review in one major hardware site .. google for soundstorm review ..

the analog one is still good tho .. the soundstorm will do the DAC duty, and the ALC650 will split the digital signal to 5.1 analog ones .. just remember not to install ALC650 drivers .. just use nvidia sound driver (packaged with their nforce2 software package).

I'll re explain you my problem.

I ve NOW the Apu's running.

I'll change my mobo. The new one hasn't the apu ---> I'll buy a pci soundcard that have equal or BETTER sound perfs then the apu.
I think that i'm more clear now :)

ouw .. hahaha ...

well, you will hardly notice any difference between the two :) .. that audigy is just as good as nvidia apu, and with the audigy 2 driver hack, some people have reported notice-able quality increase :)

so sorry about the mess up :)

thanx. now your 're clear too :D :thup: .

it's my fault because my scollar english isn't good enough to post on forums. ;)

do you have more info about these hack drivers ?

Back