• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon XP3000+ 400Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SideShowHaze

Registered
HI
I just recently bought a system and have got the AMD Athlon XP3000+ 400Mhz. By what i have read theres not much differnce between this and XP2500. Thinking that ive wasted my money now wot can i achieve with this CPU, can i push to at least 2.4. Planning to get 2x512 PC3500 aswel.

i guess you could push it to 2.4 but it really depends on the type of hardware and cooling you have, what psu, what motherboard and what kinda cooling are you using in it?

This is wot i've got so far:
AMD Athlon XP3000+ 400Mhz
A7N8X-E Deluxe
Antec True Blue 480w
Lian Li PC-60 Case
Coolermaster ACB-V83+ Jet 7
Soon to order:
Mushkin DDR RAM - PC3500 - Level2 2-2-2 - DDR433

Looked at some reviews on the Coolermaster Jet 7 and said they were ok in that they did not have any dead spots, except for the heatsink they normally come with are are half copper/alu. But with the one i got came with a all copper HS. Still unsure if i should keep this or go for the ThelmalRight SP-97 with either the Panaflo or Thermal Take SafeFan 2 on top.

So should i keep this cpu with this HSF or change it all or just the HSF.

Cheers

Back