• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on pc3700 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galador

I am about to order a 2.8 800 FSB P4 ( SL6Z5) w/ Asus P4C800e-deluxe MB. My problem is to get some memory that can take this cpu to it's limit. Some overclockable memory would be nice. I was thinking of pc3700, but if I am in error about this decision please inform me. I don't want to pour my life savings into it. I just want the best bang for my buck.
Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

You want memory that will at least go 250 fsb which will overclock you to a 3.7. Some of your better choices, but pricier would include OCZ PC3700 Gold Rev. 2 or their new 3500EB (enhanced bandwidth) will go to 255. See links to review articles at Anandtech. The OCZ PC3700 allows for tighter timings at the lower memory speeds.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.html?i=1940

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.html?i=2019&p=1

Other choices include the Komusa.com A-Data PC4200 which will run at high speeds at 1:1. There are several threads where guys are reporting fsb in the range of 270-280 and more using the Komusa RAM. This stuff if pretty cheap, relative to others. Search this forum for Komusa and you should be able to find it. Cheaper alternatives would also include the Hynix BT-D43 based chips (found also on Kingston ValueRam). These chips will also exceed DDR500 (255-265 range).

Good luck and I hope some of this helps.

the pc3700 sounds good for ur needs, also remeber samsung is making pc3700 that runs up to about 255 260 for about 210-220.00 a gig.

Any choice words on Corsair ram. I've got the Corsair pc2700 xms and I've had it to 190 ( 4:5) and ran prime95 with no errors. I just don't know hot their ram works from pc3200 on.

Where is this mysterious Samsung pc3700. I read that anandtech article about it awhile ago and have yet to see it being sold anywhere. I'm sitting here on a 3.0C and crappy kingston valueram pc2700 and I'm not sure I can wait much longer.

Back