• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UK Supplier of P4 3GHz "...SL6Wk" model

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmmaaa

Registered
I have just purchaced a 3GHz P4 from www.tradeprice.co.uk after asking them for the "...SL6WU" model.

They sent me a mail stating that all of their stock was the "...SL6WK" model.

I checked arround and found that this chip was not only as good as the SW6WU model but in some cases has been found to be able to clock even higher.

I purchaced the chip last week, Tradeprice was a pleasure to deal with. They were helpfull and very quick to respond to my mails about the CPU. Their technical knowledge was great and i got all of the details i needed in 1 email.

Quote:
Full details :

Pentium(R) 4 Processor 3.0GHz 1.55V max
System Bus 800MHz, 512KB L2-Cache, PGA-478 Pkg

PRODUCT CODE: BX80532PG3000DSL6WK

PACKDATE: 02/27/04

VERSION #: C30419-010

I got the chip installed yesterday and with just air cooling and no voltage change i got the chip to 3.92GHz. Im now just awaiting my Vaporchill case so i can get it super clocked :)

I hope this helps all those who are trying to find these CPU's in the UK.

ENJOY !

EDIT: here is the link to the chip http://www.tradeprice.co.uk/viewproduct.asp?Show=1000205

Well done, sounding like another excellent result for an SL6WK :)

Cheers for posting the details of the chip, by any chance, could you post the FPO# please? It should be on the side of the box on a white label where you got the other information from.

Cheers and well done again, please keep us posted as to how you get on with it. :)

hehe, just using a modified coolermaster heatsink, now with 4 fans attached. :)

Ive not Put an OS on yet as im waiting for my new case. So im not sure on stability.
I'll keep you informed when i do

When i email tradeprice, i never got any reply unfortunatley... all this unresponsivness from UK companies and lots of extra fees for buying from america has put me off gettin these new 3ghz chips. Ah well, just guna get the rest of my rig up to decent spec.

~t0m

Back