Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Storage
Storage SSDs, HDDs, CD/DVD/Bluray
Forum Jump

Help Me Please!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-14-04, 10:19 AM Thread Starter   #1
Mobius1

Help Me Please!!!!

I was in the process of re sizing the data on my hard drive when it stopped 1/2 way through, and I had no other choice but to restart. Powerquest now read the drive format as Pqpr??? I reinstall Win2k3 server, Windows has no problem seeing the hard drive, however it will not let me do anything to the drive but format it. I know that all of the data is still on that drive. Is there any way of getting that data off?? W/o reformatting it? and IF I do have to reformat it? Can I still get the data that was on it back off? Please tell me that there is a way!!! I was up to 6am trying to figure this thing out.!!

I would have wrote this sooner, but I dosed off for a few hours.

Thank You!!!
Mobius1 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-14-04, 07:26 PM   #2
nut581

pqpr .. hmph .. that's new .. never had any experience with them ,.

if you want data recovery with a single drive, that'd be tough .. try any booting utilities that you got with the HD (if it's a maxtor, use maxblast, WD, use data lifeguard .. and so on) .. they have pretty useful function in there .. see if it helps ..
nut581 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-15-04, 05:57 AM Thread Starter   #3
Mobius1

Yeah I downloaded restorer2000. It works VERY WELL. Well worth the $50. I got everything that was on there. Now I'm relieved
Old 04-15-04, 05:28 PM   #4
nut581

and from now on, save your data on different partition or better yet, separate 2nd HDD .. i learned my lesson the hard way .. surge smoked my HDD and even tho my data was on different partition of the same HDD, I lost all my data.

I now use external enclosure with 120gb WD for my data .. better safe than sorry
Old 04-15-04, 05:36 PM   #5
Sophisticated

got that right nut581!!

48X DL Lightscribe
A7V8X-LA (Kelut)
Sophisticated is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-15-04, 05:53 PM Thread Starter   #6
Mobius1

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nut581
[B]and from now on, save your data on different partition or better yet, separate 2nd HDD

That was a totally seperate hard drive. I had noting on that drive but the stuff that I needed to keep. So if something were to happen to my windows drive, no big deal just reinstall. I had a bunch of school papers, my resume and a lot more other stuff I can't mention
Old 04-15-04, 09:43 PM   #7
nut581

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mobius1
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by nut581
and from now on, save your data on different partition or better yet, separate 2nd HDD

That was a totally seperate hard drive. I had noting on that drive but the stuff that I needed to keep. So if something were to happen to my windows drive, no big deal just reinstall. I had a bunch of school papers, my resume and a lot more other stuff I can't mention
whoa .. good thing you recover the HDD .... it must have took some time to get "the other stuff you couldn't mention" ... it'd be disaster to lose them overnight ..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Storage
Storage SSDs, HDDs, CD/DVD/Bluray