• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My MSI fx5950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bair

Registered
MSI FX5950 Ultra crashes every game

Alright I purchased an MSI FX5950 Ultra 256MB and went to install it. My Intel D865Perl motherboard has a sink right next to the AGP slot. I had to remove the BACK heatsink off of my new video card in order for it to fit. I assumed this wouldn't be a problem since the MSI instruction booklet said this was a common problem, and it even gave directions on how to remove it. Now when I try to play any game, my computer immediately crashes. I can't check if its overheating because I can't alt tab to get to my temperatures in the settings. The card is running extremely cool (35 degrees) when I am just messing around on my desktop. I tried reducing my clock speeds drastically (like cut in half) but it still crashes, but less frequent, like every 20 minutes or so. Can anyone please help me, I'm using the newest drivers on the MSI site. I have the newest drivers and newest bios for my motherboard and for everything on my computer. The game I play is Counter-Strike by the way. Any help would be so grateful.

Last edited:
I also checked the MSI forums and FAQ and no one else has this problem.

Back