• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Very Faint Horizontal Lines...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fac_29

I just noticed 2 very faint horizontal lines on my new Sony Trinitron CRT monitor. One about quarter of the way up from the bottom and one about quarter of the way from the top. They are only really noticeable on very light backgrounds and then only if your lookin for them. Is this normal? I'm sure i read that this is normal on aperture grille monitors.

Another thing i've started to notice is a really high pitched whine in power saving mode. Not loud, very quiet and so high its hardly audible, i notice it yet others dont. I'm taking it that this is probably nothing to worry about too?

Those lines are wires, they are part of the apature grill.

You will see them on higher end monitors with Trinitron and Diamondtron tubes.

Mine has it, you can only see it against light colored background, its not a big deal, and nothing to be worried about.

As far as the power save mode, I would just turn the monitor off. Power Save does not work on my monitor, even though it is energy star cert. Oh well.

Thanks fishy. I didnt think it was anything to worry about. Thought i'd just ask to confirm it.
Its superb picture quality, i'm so glad i upgraded.

Well i did a bit of research on the high pitched whine in power save mode and it seems this is some what normal with some Sony power supplies. Its not major as i said, but i was just worrying just in case it was the start of something that would gradually get worse... I can only hear it when i have complete silence. But with a newly installed Volcano12 going at full revs, i doubt i'll ever get that any more :D

Back